- My friend is freaking out about us not getting to the theatre on time even though AMC famously starts the show after TWENTY WHOLE MINUTES of advertisements and trailers. Double whammy of shameless capitalism inside and outside in the popcorn queue. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED AN INTERMISSION, AMERICA! But I’m grateful for the buffer. Thanks AMC.
- Gah, the dude at the door forgot to give us our 3D glasses. Minutes before the start of the film I’m running down the escalator to the ground floor. But that’s OK because trusty ol’ AMC also devotes three hundred seconds to turning off cellphones. And really driving the point “we’re awesome” home.
- And so it begins! I have goosebumps.
- The wide angle camera shot of what looks like the Great Wall of China. Oh it’s Themababababa. OK island. You are cool because your name is complicated.
- THE AMAZONS! Such a time-waster this back story is. WHERE IS CHRIS PINE?
- There he is.
- “We are the good guys, the Germans are the bad guys”
Heh heh heh.
*slowly sinks into popcorn and avoids making eye contact with German friend*
- The Amazon warriors kicking some major dude ass is oddly satisfying. I was concerned about Wonder Woman wearing a skirt-armour but looks like the frock-uniform was all the rage in the early 20th century.
- Ah, 20th century Britain. You are beautiful.
Must. Remember. Not. Think. Of. The. Indian. Blood. Spilt. Building. It.
Is that treachery? Nah, probably just sedition.
- This woman is breathtaking. Come on Chris Pine, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.
- I’m told that Chris Pine has an actual name in this movie that is not Chris Pine.
- Wonder Woman, Amazon with no knowledge of the human world, bedecked in American colours and symbols. Uncanny.
- Wonder Woman’s dress is very very distracting because her derrière, protected by three tenuous pieces of fabric, is constantly threatening to moon the audience.
Side Note: A quick search says that the radical idea of Wonder Woman wearing pants was tossed around and then tossed out. I think it was to ensure that I spent at least part of this movie in equal parts cold sweat and amazement that neither the (strapless!) top slips nor the bottom slips up. She really is magical, isn’t she?
- THE LASSO OF TRUTH!! And the special effects are brilliant.
- I love the moment where he’s all, “Come damsel, let me protect you”. Then Wonder Woman beats up everyone and his expression changes to an astonished, “Please
damselgoddess, protect me!”
- The actress is amazing, so I shudder to say this, but in some scenes she looks so demure and dainty rather than powerful. I wish they had done a little less getup and a little more Geeta.
- They stop at a village along the way to find Ares and take The Most Convenient Photograph in DC History. It means someone, most likely Chris Pine or everyone, is going to die. He does.
- Why is Remus Lupin bothering to reveal himself as Ares when he knows that Wonder Woman is the God Killer? She’s going to beat you, dude!
- And she does.
- What does Batman have to do with Wonder Woman? Should I have watched Batman v. Superman?
- Update: I watched Everything Wrong With Batman v. Superman instead.